Polykala’s Adaptive Negotiation blends the structure of Fisher and Ury’s ‘Getting to Yes’ work with insights from the Adaptive Leadership framework. The best negotiators are able to speak to core interests, values, identity and culture.
The ability to negotiate across factional and organisational lines is a core leadership skill. The ability to be be respectfully influential is a precursor to progress. .
Polykala’s adaptive negotiation training encourages participants to learn by doing. We distill the conceptual frameworks and offer participants multiple opportunities to practice, persevere and build competence.
We believe a person’s leadership effectiveness is tied directly to their reflective skill. Negotiators need robust self-awareness and the ability to form working rapport with other parties. The practice component of the workshop is designed to elicit predictable ‘automatic’ behaviours so that participants can observe themselves and generate options for more effective negotiation and leadership action.
- 1. Learn the ‘Getting to Yes’ negotiation framework
- 2. Apply the framework to situations to high stakes contexts
- 3. Practice the ‘Getting to Yes’ negotiation framework and gain hands-on experience
- 4. Build connections and deepen relationships within the group
Your ‘default’ negotiation style
Identifying Positions & Interests
Generating creative solutions
Dynamic negotiation practice
Adaptive Negotiation trainingBook a session for your workplace or organisation
- Workshop length: Half day (3-4 hours) or Full day (4-6 hours)
- 2 expert facilitators
- 10-25 participants
- Participant evaluation